14 de janeiro de 2009

Single serving friend

Flying is getting harder and harder. My flight to Sao Paulo was scheduled to leave Florianopolis today at 4:40 pm, but a heavy rain closed Congonhas airport. After I and the other passengers already got into the plane, we were asked to get back to the gate and wait for a new call.

Ten minutes after we've boarded for the first time, a baby started to cry. I was seated in 1C and the baby was on the second row. Once the doors were closed, she asked to seat next to me, in 1B. By that time I foresaw a long journey, with a baby kicking and screaming by my side.

However, the baby, Davi, and his mom, Pabline, were really nice. After we started talking, I remembered a passage from Fight Club, that movie with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. When the characters of the two actors met, Norton tells Pitt that he's a good "single serving friend". He uses this expression as a way to express how everything in a plane is single serving.

Pabline, a young widow, only 26 years old, and his son 11 months old were my single serving friends during this ordeal that has not ended yet.

Um comentário:

Unknown disse...

Hei friend! Funny thing happened now, I was reading your blog and listening to Globonews, when they started talk about the rain in SP, at the same moment! I didnt know about the rain there, only saw the rain here in the middle of the afternoon. Maybe you saw too. Afterwards the sun was shining again, and no fresh windy after the rain :(. It will be a hot night here, just like yours in BSB.
HAve a nice trip! Till monday!